Saturday, November 12, 2011

Effective Communication Mediums Available on The Internet


While the oldest form of effective communication – the one face-to-face, will never disappear from our lives, there seems to be a clear tendency towards the online effective communication. 

Everything seems to move slowly from the real life to the pages of the internet. Even the online universities are getting more and more popular. Yesterday, we were looking for the best universities in the USA, but today, we are looking for the best online universities in usa and wanting to find out more about the online degree programs. People embraced the internet because of its practicability. It’s easy to use, it’s fast and it’s efficient. It just does the job well. There are many effective communication mediums on the Internet and it’s a challenge to establish which one is better.

The first and the most obvious one is of course the e-mail. I remember sending my first e-mail about 10 years ago and I didn’t really know how to do it. I knew I had to sign up and such, but when it came to actually sending my e-mail, I know that for some reason, I had written the entire body of my e-mail in the subject box. Then, I was wondering how come it didn’t allow me to write more and I reluctantly sent it. Now, the e-mail has no more mysteries to me. At first, the e-mail was seen as some sort of an electronic (love) letter, which needed no stamp or envelope to arrive at its destination – only a good internet connection. But in time, people seemed to want even more effective ways of communicating one with another and so the instant messaging appeared. At first, you were able just to text. Then, you were also able to speak through a microphone. Then, you were able to see each other and text at the same time, thanks to the possibility of the video calls. We have conversations and video chats on Skype, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo Messenger – we just can’t stay away from them.

Even the popular social network Facebook has its own chat and Twitter is just like a modern, public telegram – short thoughts, short questions, short answers. We can effectively communicate over the internet, because we can do it so incredibly fast. You’re getting in touch with someone who is even from a different continent and thanks to the webcams, you can feel him near you. Whatever you want, the Internet successfully satisfies your needs and offers you modern ways of getting in touch with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment